In 1788 Mr. John Lowe converted the first floor of his farmhouse into a Methodist society meeting room. On August 18, 1812 Bishop Asbury and Henry Boehm visited the Lowe Family for dinner before continuing toward the Pipe Creek Camp meeting.
Since 1859 the local Evangelicals and Methodists had worshiped together in the town blacksmith shop. In 1871 the land at our current location was deeded by John and Ellen Emig for 1$ to the Methodist Episcopal Church Conference.
The original structure was a single large room heated with a potbellied stove. Since this time, our church has undergone numerous renovations. Our church continues in thanks to the dedication of its members, and by the perseverance of God in us.